Aug 13, 2011

In Nollywood men suffer more sexual harassments than women – Dozie Eboh

In a recent interview with The Punch Newspaper, Nollywood movie producer Dozie Eboh speaks on the perennial issue haunting the Nigerian movie industry; sexual harassment. Excerpts.

Some artistes say that before some producers give roles to female actresses, they ask for sex. What do you have to say to this?

I have not done that before. If any girl says film producers ask her to sleep with them, let the girl name the producer or producers. People should remember that producers are human beings. Is it possible for a producer to sleep with every girl that acts on his set? When you watch a film you see over 20 girls. Can one producer sleep with them all? Every industry has its good people and bad people. I thank God I am one of the respected film producers in the country.

We heard of some girls offering their bodies for roles in movies. Has such an incident happened to you?

Yes, I have had the experience. We have those experiences. There was a time I did an auditioning and after, a girl came to my office to seduce me. You should be a man and know what you want. We do suffer sexual harassment. In fact, producers suffer sexual harassment from women more than women suffer from producers.


No comments: